Before you delve into the wonderful world of food fetishes, make sure you’re playing it safe.
What is wet and messy fetish (WAM) and what does it entail?
It involves covering someone in food or getting covered in food that’s usually sticky, slimy, messy and/or gooey. Common culprits involved are pies, cakes, whipped cream and shaving cream and it’s usually applied to the face. WAM can also involve sploshing which deals with playing with food that create different sensations like sticky texture, slippery textures, foods with intoxicating smells, and more. The other person’s body becomes a palette to use food to build various exciting sensations that turn them on. WAM and sploshing can occur with or without clothes on, food fights, mud wrestling, messy sex, and other unique sex plays.
You’re putting food and other substances near your naked body, so know there are certain precautions you need to keep in mind.
Sugar-Free Vajayjay Please
Keep sugary stuff away from your vajayjay. Use sugar-free foods and syrups and you will not risk potentially getting a yeast infection or some serious irritation down there. If you find you’re getting irritated during play, wash it off and stop what you’re doing. If it gets worse, go to a doctor.
Nuts, seeds, and other gritty textures are no bueno. Cakes and frostings that contain sprinkles and should be avoided. Strawberries, kiwis and other things with little seeds can scratch or hurt you if they get into certain places.
Honey might seem like a good idea, but it can irritate your genitals so if you use it just be careful where it goes!
Keep food out of your eyes. This is just common sense. You can still get food on your face but wear swimming goggles, a mask or close your eyes and wash them immediately after play.
Food allergies can put the damper on your fun. Let your partner, dominatrix, lover, etc. know about any food allergies you have. Redness, itching, burning, bumps, and inflammation is your queue to stop what you’re doing and wash yourself off.
Using food as lube is risky. The only foods you can safely use as lube are food-grade oil, like coconut oil or olive oil. If you’re using condoms remember oil-based things can break down the latex in condoms, so go for silicone-based or water-based lubes if you’re using latex.
And, here are a few more helpful tips to splosh safely…
Your play doesn’t always have to involve sex. Sploshing can be a separate activity outside of sex, just like BDSM. If you avoid sex, you have a better chance to keep food away from your genitals.
There’s always a giver and receiver. The giver is the less messy one. If sex is in the mix, the food will be everywhere.
Decide how you’re going to play before you begin. Build the fantasy around the person you’re playing with, pick textures and sensations you know they’ll like, find out what food and smells they don’t like, and if something isn’t right, speak up.
Set the scene. A bathtub is the best venue for this. Your house or hotel room can get really messy, and hard to clean up. Tarps and fluffy towels in the tub help. Open all your ingredients and items before you begin so your hands aren’t too slippery to open things. Extra trash bags and towels are good to keep handy.
Avoid anything spicy. Even if you wash it off immediately, it can burn or be irritated for hours.
Clean up thoroughly afterward. If anything gets on your genitals, wash it off with a gentle soap. For the rest of your body use a regular dish soap. Hey, it works on dishes, pots, and pans, so why not you.
Top Ten Foods for Sploshing
by Bill Shipton of Splosh.co.uk the world’s leading messy sex site!
- Custard: The first rule of seductive sploshing is “sweet not savoury”, and with its creamy consistency, custard is the ideal love lube. Ready-made Ambrosia (about £1.40 a litre) is the Top of the Slops, afterall you don’t want to be boiling milk with a hard-on…
- Cream: The spray stuff is perfect for sensuous splosh-lite activity. Ideal decoration for nipples and nobs, just don’t turn your cock into an organic Everest and expect your partner to go down in one. She’s more likely to chuck than swallow. Anchor do a good one (know as Wanchor in the trade cos so many stag girls use it for hand jobs!)
- Chocolate: Good in all its forms. Gooey newbies should stick to the syrup like Treat (99p in supermarkets) whilst chocoholics should opt for big bags of chocolate sponge mix (from Cash & Carries). Made with warm water, it’s liquid chocolate cake and about £7 a bucketful – more than enough to cover two!
- Porridge: Most women like to start the day with something hot inside them – or, in this case, outside them. The grey gruel may not look sexy but well mixed, warm and lump-free, it has set many a non-Scot sighing. And it’s an excellent exfoliant! Novice sploshers might like to start with Reddy Brek – it’s smoother and saucepan-free.
- Eggs: Get your guy hard in three minutes by sliding around in slippery raw egg. Just keep those shells away from your tender bits – they are sharper than shattered glass.
- Jam/pie filling/peanut butter: I do love things that spread easily – like legs. Just pick a favourite flavour and butter your partner up like a butty. Beware of some blackcurrant ones. They contain blue food dye, so your next sticky moment could be waking up next to a Smurf.
- Syrup/fruit sauce/treacle: The syrups in the supermarket (strawberry, raspberry, toffee etc) are excellent splosh starter packs. Move on to the maple or big tins of golden syrup next, then when you are really brave invest in a gallon drum of black treacle. It’s like liquid rubber completely enclosing the body in thick black stickiness. To misquote the Marks ad, this isn’t just food – it’s S&M food!
- Baked beans/spaghetti: Beloved by closet sploshers on charity days, beans are more funny than fruity, and most women can’t stand the smell. Understandable. Would you want to wake up whiffing like greasy spoon leftovers?
- Rice pudding/semolina: Those whose memories of school meals go back before turkey twizzlers have a nostalgic fondness for a milky pudding. Bizarrely, warmed up in the confines of her kecks (or yours), they feel a lot better than they taste.
- Pies/cream cakes/gateaux: Whether for sitting in or flinging in the face, these are a splosh staple! Make your own missiles from sponge flan cases and custard (or Angel Delight) for a fuck-friendly food fight, or defrost a big Black Forest, strip off and slowly sit in it as a prelude to a long night licking and sucking. Now that’s what I call afters…
- The runners up: When I asked the members of the Splosh! Forum to nominate their favourites, they came up with 54 different ones in a day! Amongst the also rans were…vegetable soup, mushy peas, marshmallow fluff, fish paste, macaroni cheese, and mashed potato and gravy (combined). Yum!