While this headline might look like something from The Weekly World News or Cosmo, it’s actually real. Some of the strangest and/or most unlikely things imaginable can cause spontaneous orgasms. What everyone gets off to is individual and there are millions of fetishes out there. You can have orgasms without sex and sometimes you can orgasm without doing anything sexual. Spontaneous orgasms can be caused by meds, nerve issues, brain disorders, and your body being confused by what it’s experiencing. And snot surprisingly, if you think about it hard enough, you can get yourself off.
Below are 10 non-sexual things that could quite possibly get you off. You can be disgusted and curious at the same time—we won’t tell anyone.
- Exercise – Arnold Schwarzenegger has been quoted as saying workouts are basically like orgasms for him. Coregasms can be caused by abdominal workouts and weightlifting that require you to tense up your core. It’s more common in women than men. It has to do with an intense release of endorphins from working out and breath/muscle control forcing your pelvic floor to move in ways that make you orgasm. It’s no mystery that working out is good for your body and sex drive. And, people have reported yoga has helped them achieve spontaneous orgasm.
- Parkinson’s Medication – Parkinson’s is debilitating and limits mobility and lifestyle. Medication can help with that and sometimes give you sexual pleasure. A 42-year-old woman experienced this while taking Rasagiline for seven days. It all began with hyper-arousal and then five or more daily orgasms that lasted up to 20 seconds. She had to switch meds, because it was effecting the dopamine her brain was releasing.
- Childbirth – Childbirth is usually very painful and it’s hard to believe it could cause something pleasurable like an orgasm, but it can. Six percent of women surveyed have experienced it. The same two brain regions that are active in extreme pain are also active during an orgasm, and both become stimulated during childbirth and receive signals from the same part of the body.
- Nerve Damage – One woman had nerve damage that caused her to spontaneously orgasm all day. She had a medical condition that required a bunch of work to be done on her feet and was not into foot fetish sex. It was the healing process that caused the orgasms, anytime her feet were stimulated by touching, rubbing or walking. Doctors believe it was all caused by nerve messages going to her brain that made it believe the foot sensation was coming from her vajayjay that resulted in five-second orgasms.
- Taking Antidepressants & Yawning – You’re depressed and want to get better by taking meds. They can have side effects and some of these revolve around a higher sex drive and pleasure. Some patients report that taking Prozac, Zoloft, and Wellbutrin makes yawning feel better than usual, and actually gives them a rise of the orgasmic kind. The ironic part is many antidepressants can make it hard to orgasms or even have sex. It all depends on your brain chemistry and how your body reacts to the drugs.
- Persistent Genital Arousal Disorder – PGAD causes a sudden insatiable need for sexual release several times a day whether it be masturbating or actually having sex. This disorder can cause you to have random orgasms throughput the day. It can make it hard for you to focus or do daily tasks, and it’s a chronic condition. It can lead for you to lose pleasure from anything sexual.
- Being Scared – Anxiety and fear generally make it hard to cum and make it hard to get off when you in either state. But sometimes, the opposite is the case. High levels of either have been tied to spontaneous orgasms. You can go from stressed to anxious, and immediately get an orgasm. It can be so intense, the feeling lingers in your body for some time.
- Brushing Your Teeth – This will really make you want to have good oral hygiene. A 41-yer-old Taiwanese woman orgasms every time she brushes her teeth. Her condition is tied to a complex reflex epilepsy condition. After 15 minutes, she would get a type of seizure and then orgasm, feeling euphoric after it ended. Researchers aren’t sure why orgasms and seizures are linked.
- ASMR & Getting a Haircut – Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response (aka ASMR) means that certain sounds, sensations or touches can cause low grade euphoria and even orgasms. Whispering, crickets, tapping or certain words or concepts can cause the sensation, and it usually has to do with stimulating the head. Applying make-up, getting a lice check, combing hair, and other activities all make them feel tingly, can lead to sexual pleasure and orgasms. Something as simple as getting your hair cut can get your motor revving.
- Sex Dreams – “Wet dreams” are getting an orgasm in your sleep and many men have them. But REM (rapid eye movement) can cause an increase in blood flow, and cause swelling down there for men and women. Your brain will pick up tissue swelling and let more blood flow there, because it senses sexual arousal. It doesn’t matter what you’re dreaming about (it can be sexual or non-sexual in nature), but being in REM is enough to give your body sexual pleasure while you sleep.