There four steps to successfully tickle someone, and if you add the fifth step in, you could put them on Cloud 9. Experiment, have fun, and always make sure everything is consensual and you stop what you’re doing if it makes the other person uncomfortable.
Select Your Target
You need to find someone who likes tickling. This can be the hardest step of all. It can be an awkward discussion, unless your partner or friend with benefits tells you this is a fetish. It should be someone you know and quite well. If this isn’t possible, go online and look for a tickle community. Before you tickle someone, make sure they are OK with it and they are aware of your plans. This can be overstepping a boundary, if tickling is uncomfortable for them, hurts them, or even brings up bad childhood memories.
Find the Right Moment
You could sneak behind them and tickle them from behind. This does not work with jumpy people. You’re not trying to scare the person, only pleasure them or make them laugh. If they’re jumpy, you want to plan the whole thing out with them. Maybe set a night aside when you’re alone with the person, set the mood, and gather your gear (like feathers and toothbrushes) or just use your hands/nails.
Geography Is Important—Plan Where to Tickle
Feet are great if the ticklee isn’t wearing shoes. This can be one of the best places to tickle someone. The underarm area works well, especially if the person has their arms stretched out. The neck is also a good location and very sensual, and the same goes for behind the knee. The most common and easily accessible area would be the stomach. Many people start with the feet/toes and work their way up the body.
Figure out what the ticklee’s most pleasurable areas are. Make a mental note so you can end with these spots for the ultimate climax/pleasure. Start with the least sensitive areas first and work your way into the delicate parts. What turns someone one will vary. The most common erogenous zones would be the inner thighs, sides of the upper body, neck, and genital areas.
Apply Pressure & Work Your Technique
The best way is skin to skin. The tickler can use a fingernail or the tips of their fingers to barely touch the skin, or even a feather or tongue. Follow the lead of the ticklee. You will see how they respond to your touch. You don’t want to tickle someone too much. You want them to get goose bumps and send a wave of pleasure through their body. Getting the pressure right is the key to pleasure.
Once you’ve fine-tuned the pressure, try different techniques, like circular motions, back and forth motion, up and down or even side to side. It all depends what the ticklee likes and you will be able to gauge this by their reaction. Don’t spend too long in one place—you don’t want to irritate that area, and you also want to have the element of surprise, as you move to different parts of their body. Tickle the areas they enjoy and stay away from areas they can’t stand (they will usually tell you before you start or during the tickle session). The more they relax, the more you can venture to new territory. It’s all about the pleasure and sensation of their skin being stimulated.
Feel Free to Get Creative
You can go beyond, your fingers, nails, tongue and feather. You’d be surprised what you have around the house and are using for other purposes.
- An electric toothbrush’s vibrating bristles can send you into orbit. Just make sure you don’t use that specific toothbrush head for anything else.
- A paintbrush on the belly button and sides can be quite pleasurable—you might want to use something super soft and not bristly.
- Baby oil not only makes the skin soft, but it also increases sensitivity.
- If your partner likes it rougher, try a hairbrush to the soles of their feet.
- Kissing can be a super sensual way to tickle someone. You need to find their super sensitive spots first.
- Objects that vibrate like a phone or sex toy. Those good vibrations will make you feel good all over.
- Nylons are sexy. If a girl is wearing them on her feet, they can heighten the sensation. You can also use it to breeze across the person’s body lightly.
- Your toes can be instruments of pleasure. If you use the nail part, make sure they’re smooth/manicured.
- Yes, French maids are sexy and so are their accouterments, specifically feather dusters. Use them to lightly tickle the entire body from head to toe.
- Ice cubes can be refreshing on a hot day and work well on the ribs and stomach. For some the cold, might be too much for them to handle.
- You also might want to try to bound the person for safety or blindfold them for an elevated sexual response.
- Try tickling someone with clothes on, in their bra and panties, or even naked.
Just remember the most important part is the ticklee and tickler are having fun, and the ticklee is getting aroused and enjoying the session. This can be also a great way to bring couples together who need something new to add to their bedroom repertoire.